We are looking for a Professional Service Engineer with Java or C++ background for a high-tech company based in Eindhoven, which is specialized in measuring and monitoring software code quality. Our customer has developed a standardized and automated way of measuring code quality, by means of a measurement system consisting of 350+ software metrics, which maps onto the ISO standard 25010 about software quality. At the moment, our client checks more than 400 million lines of code worldwide, real time, each day.
Responsibilities will consist of both on-site and online engagements with leading top-tier software development groups throughout Europe.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
The Professional Services Engineer is responsible for assuring customers achieve long term success with the market leading framework.
- Responsibilities will consist of both on-site and online engagements with leading top-tier software development groups throughout Europe.
- Occasional travel to other geographic regions including America and Asia may also be expected.
- Engagements are varied in profile, according to needs, however typically involve the following functional activities:
Following a defined solution plan, take complete accountability for accomplishing hands-on technical tasks for customers across several core areas:
- Deployment and integration of tooling with customer’s software build systems, IDEs, other SDLC tooling, and processes
- Creation and implementation of custom scripts to achieve defined workflow objectives
- Identify, review and troubleshoot first line technical issues. Collaborate with colleagues to resolve more complex issues.
- Document and communicate the established solution clearly and effectively
- Liaise with stakeholders to enable dialogue and transfer technical knowledge as required
Communicating with software engineers, architects and business stakeholders to articulate the methodology, vision and value of the implemented solution:
- Assist customer team in reviewing, understanding and explaining the impact of TQI measurements to developers
- Presenting to customer stakeholders on best strategies to address and remediate software quality issues to achieve better quality software
- Creating and delivering concise and effective user-awareness material to educate customer’s team members on the exact details of the solution deployed for their environment
- Capturing and articulating best practices and experiences derived from other engagements to guide customers and effect meaningful change
Design and implement innovative solutions which go ‘above and beyond’ to enable a specific customer requirement.
- Integration of third party static code analysis tools into the Framework
- Creation of custom reporting, policies, or metrics to assist in measuring TQI
- Bachelor or Master degree
- Programming skills (Java, C++) are pluses;
- Working knowledge of Windows is required, with Linux (Red Hat) preferred as well;
- Preferably experienced with Software Configuration Management processes and policies;
- Must have basic scripting skills such as PERL, PYTHON and SHELL scripting for Linux/UNIX;
- Some experience with Source Control System such as Git, subversion;
- Some experience with IDE tools such as Visual Studio, Eclipse;
- Some experience with Build tools such as Make, Maven;
- Must be willing to learn newer technologies as needed;
- Must have customer communication skills;
- Must be innovative and have self-resolving skills;
- Must have experience working in a team setting;
- Must be able to perform under pressure;
- Working experience on productions systems are a definite plus.
Please send your resume to email@example.com.