We are urgently looking for a Senior Online Writer for one of the European Institutions in Brussels. Candidates need to be fluent in English. EU candidates from abroad are welcome to apply.
Relocation is required (once the corona measures are finished and move is possible). This role is also open for freelancers.
As a job abroad is a big step and we know it, what can you expect of us?
ALL EUROPEAN CAREERS will support and advice you during the whole procedure (assistance with finding an apartment, where to register, opening a bank account, how to request child allowance, etc.) and a relocation package for AEC employees and freelancers.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Editorial maintenance of various Commission websites (EC and EU core websites, campaign websites related to the Commission’s political priorities, and others as relevant)
- Draft quality content in English and edit existing content;
- Review and analyse existing content sections;
- Create and maintain webpages (creation of new pages, update of existing ones, uploading documents);
- Make editorial proposals on how to create new content within the existing Information
- Architecture of the Commission core website;
- Manage translation requests and publish translated content;
- Provide editorial input to corporate web communication projects;
- Bachelor or Master degree;
- +6 years of Online and Content writing experience is required;
- +3 years of experience in creating and updating websites in Drupal or similar;
- Experience in drafting and editing quality content for the web;
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English (level C2)
- Proven experience in political communication
- CMS (experience in Drupal 8 is an advantage)
- Good understanding and hands-on experience in SEO best practices
- Good understanding of UX principles
- Good understanding of web accessibility standards and hands-on experience in creating accessible content for the web
- Familiarity with project management principles
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Native-level knowledge of English
- Experience in creating content for multilingual websites and working in large organizationsis an advantage
Please forward your motivation and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org