For an international institution based in Amsterdam, we are urgently looking for a Senior Java Developer, specialised in REST API, Cloud (Azure), ESB and OSB. As Senior Java Developer, you contribute to the design of robust, multi-threaded and distributed system components, deployed both on premise and in Microsoft Azure.
This is an 100% remote position. Candidates need to be fluent in English. Candidates need to be based in Europe and in possession of a work permit. This position is also open for freelancers, who would like to commit long-term. This role can be performed remote from any EU country.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Develop high quality code in Java language and understand the related software ecosystem (maven, Junit, mocking libraries …);
- Document decisions and design of solutions using standard notations such as UML and Archimate3;
- Implement and improve continuous build and integration (e.g. Jenkins) processes, unit testing and code quality metrics;
- Analyse and influence functional and non-functional requirements;
- Produce clean, unit testable and well documented source code;
- You have a master degree in an IT related field;
- You have at least 8 years of experience with REST API, Enterprise Service Bus, Cloud and Java Enterprise Edition development;
Strong analytical and critical reasoning applied to problem decomposition and solution;
- Strong experience in object oriented analysis & design (OOA&D);
Mastery of the Java language, for instance in the context of Java Enterprise Edition and the Spring framework;
- Experience in implementing cloud services and architecture, serverless functions, event based architectures, for instance on Microsoft Azure;
- Proven experience of REST API development;
- Proven experience of SOAP API integration;
- Proven experience of implementing Enterprise Service Bus architecture, for instance on Oracle Service Bus;
- Knowledge of OWASP secure coding guidelines;
- Experience using agile software development methodologies (i.e. Scrum, Kanban and other lean techniques);
- Experience in defining tasks/stories with clear estimates and prioritisation;
- Fluent in English;
Attractive salary package (employees) or day price (freelancers);
Relocation package for AEC employees and freelancers who come from abroad;
If you are interested in this opportunity, please forward your CV to email@example.com.