For an international institution, we are urgently looking for a REMOTE Senior Java Developer specialised in REST API, Cloud (Azure), ESB and OSB.
This is an 100% remote position. Candidates need to be fluent in English. Candidates need to be based in Europe and in possession of a workpermit. This position is open for employees and freelancers, who would like to commit long-term.
This role can be performed remote from any EU country.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Contribute to the design of robust, multi-threaded and distributed system components, deployed both on premise and in Microsoft Azure;
- Develop high quality code in Java language and understand the related software ecosystem (maven, Junit, mocking libraries …);
- Document decisions and design of solutions using standard notations such as UML and Archimate3;
- Implement and improve continuous build and integration (e.g.
- Jenkins) processes, unit testing and code quality metrics;
- Analyse and influence functional and non-functional requirements;
- Produce clean, unit testable and well documented source code;
- Bachelor or Master degree;
- +8 years of experience with REST API, Enterprise Service Bus, Cloud and Java Enterprise Edition development;
- Strong analytical and critical reasoning applied to problem decomposition and solution;
- Strong experience in object oriented analysis & design (OOA&D);
- Mastery of the Java language, for instance in the context of Java
- Enterprise Edition and the Spring framework;
- Experience in implementing cloud services and architecture, serverless functions, event based architectures, for instance on Microsoft Azure;
- Proven experience of REST API development;
- Proven experience of SOAP API integration;
- Proven experience of implementing Enterprise Service Bus architecture, for instance on Oracle Service Bus;
- Knowledge of OWASP secure coding guidelines;
- Experience using agile software development methodologies (i.e. Scrum, Kanban and other lean techniques);
- Experience in defining tasks/stories with clear estimates and prioritisation;
- Fluent in English;
A challenging role for an international organization;
Attractive salary package or freelance rate;
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org