We are urgently looking for a (Senior) Java Architect for the European Institutions in Brussels, Belgium.
The European Institutions in Brussels are still looking for Java talent in Europe. During the corona crisis, interviews will be done through webex and travel is not required for the interviews.
EU candidates are welcome to apply. Candidates need to be willing to relocate. Work permit is required. This position is open for freelancers and employees. Candidates need to be fluent in English.
As a job abroad is a big step and we know it, what can you expect of us?
ALL EUROPEAN CAREERS will support and advise you during the whole procedure (assistance with finding an apartment, where to register, opening a bank account, how to request child allowance, etc.) and provide a relocation package.
Tasks and Responsabilities:
- Design efficient and effective processes for the design, transition, operation and improvement of high quality IT services, together with the supporting tools, systems and information, to manage services through their lifecycle;
- Redefine the current architecture while making sure maintenance, coordinate all changes to processes and making sure that all processes cooperate in a seamless way;
- Produce documentation of design decisions for application development teams or product implementation teams to execute;
- Elaborate Data Architecture views by examining how data is created, distributed, migrated, secured, and archived; Keep up to date the data repositories;
- Entity relationship and Class diagram design;
- Diagrams: conceptual diagram, logical data, data dissemination, data lifecycle, data security, data migration; Perform gap analysis;
Proof of Concepts;
- Brief and draft solutions for technical and non-technical audiences;
Provides reports, including management reports;
- Bachelor or Master degree;
- +9 years of Java Development experience;
- ava Architect experience is required;
- Extensive experience in performing and code with Java, XML, XSL, SQL;
- Excellent understanding of architectural concepts such as SOA, REST, Service Security, …;
- Load, process and validate XML files to complete ongoing work in establishing automatic data workflows;
- Experience with Data modeling, Data analysis, Data Processing, Java Design patterns;
- Experience in software quality assessment and methodologies and ability to apply high quality standards to all tasks;
- Knowledge of business processes analysis;
- Knowledge of security principles, standards and corresponding implementations in Java environments;
- Knowledge of relational database management systems;
- Strong experience in the domains of Requirements analysis, Performance analysis, Architecture design, Clustered environments, Interoperability platform and Web Services;
- Good reporting methods and skills and ability to give management presentations;
- Fluent in English;
A challenging role for an international organization;
Attractive salary package;
Please send your CV and motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org