For an international institution based in Amsterdam, we are urgently looking for a (Senior) Data Architect, specialised in data, ETL and BI.
This is an 100% remote position. Candidates need to be fluent in English. Candidates need to be based in Europe and in the position of a workpermit. This position is also open for freelancers, who would like to commit long-term.
This role can be performed remote from any EU country.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Develop modelling standards, guidelines and best practices;
- Develop and maintain subject area conceptual data models for relational, dimensional and document oriented systems;
- Take part in the peer review of data related deliverables;
- lay the role of Data Modeller when required, and as such, will:
- Capture, model and describe data requirements, data definitions, business rules, data quality requirements, data security requirements;
- Develop and maintain logical and physical data models (both transactional and dimensional);
- Develop and maintain canonical message models;
- Reverse engineer and document physical database schemas;
- Define source-to-target mappings for data migrations;Able to summarise and present successfully key technical issues to the relevant stakeholders (developers, analysts, peers, management and business users) considering the background of the audience;
- Prepare and deliver formal presentations to the relevant stakeholders;
- Experience in managing interactions between the architecture team and other stakeholders (database administrators, software architects, business analysts, testers, support, management, business, etc.);
- Bachelor or Master degree in an IT related field;
- +8 years of experience in a similar role.
- Experience in designing and reviewing conceptual, logical and physical data models, for relational (OLTP), dimensional (OLAP) and document oriented (XML, JSON) databases;
- Experience of the full development lifecycle of complex large scale and multi-user applications;
- Experience in designing and implementing data integration flows and batch processes (ETLs);
- Experience with and proficient knowledge of the following tools:
- PowerDesigner, Sparx Enterprise Architect, XML Spy, TOAD and SQL Developer, ETL tools (e.g. Oracle Data Integrator, Informatica Data Quality) and/or Business Intelligence tools (e.g. Oracle BI Publisher, Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition),
- Ability to negotiate with stakeholders at all levels;
- Desired knowledge of design patterns of ETL-based integrations within large organisations;
- Desired experience with data models and standards in the pharmaceutical and medical domains;
- Desired experience with working with and designing resources structure for RESTful APIs;
- Advanced level knowledge and understanding of application design, systems engineering and integration, in particular in the areas related to the key responsibilities described;
- Experience in data design governed by Enterprise Data Architecture is desirable, preferably using TOGAF;
- Experience with RUP or comparable systems engineering disciplines;
- Relevant professional qualifications in the domain of Enterprise Data Architecture and TOGAF are desirable;
- Fluent in English;
Please send your resume to email@example.com.