In Ispra/Italy, we are urgently looking for a (Senior) Data Analyst with Python/GIS knowledge. Candidates need to be fluent in English. This position is long-term. This role is also open for freelancers and European candidates who need to come from abroad.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- The porting and optimized compilation of the land component of the Community Earth Model on different platforms for high performance computing. This activity will require the coding of ad-hoc script for the compilation, the submission of the job to the queuing system and the retrieval of model outputs;
- Coding of ad-hoc scripts for the handling and processing of model outputs, including the preparation of numerical/graphical outputs;
- Development of original software codes in both high and low level programming languages (and a combination of the two) for the post-processing of model outputs in combination with datasets from Earth system observations;
- Preparation of the technical documentation for internal use;
- Bachelor or Master Degree;
+5 years of experience as Data Analyst;
- Linux, Fortran, Python/ Parallel computing (HPC) with competences of remote sensing & GIS;
- Good knowledge of software (R, Matlab, IDL, Python, …) for postprocessing and graphical analysis of large datasets;
- Knowledge of software development methodologies;
- Fluency in English;
Please send your resume and motivation to email@example.com.