Our customer in Vilvoorde, is urgently looking for a (Senior) Big Data Engineer, who wants to continuously improve their software products.
This is not an external consultant role. This position is open for European candidates who are fluent in English.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Formulate and suggest new ideas and features to the team;
- Collaborate on technical solutions with fellow team members;
- Implement new functionalities and review code changes;
- Acquiring understanding of the various stakeholders and assessing the architectural integrity and the risks to design end-to-end technology solutions;
- Shaping and driving the execution of future state architectures and roadmaps;
- Coaching, knowledge development and research around BigData technologies;
- Bachelor or Master degree;
- 3+ years of experience as Big Data Engineer;
- Strong in Java and Scala enterprise software development;
- You know your way around the big data stacks and you are comfortable writing code for distributed computation;
- BigData solutions knowledge based on different technologies on the market (Hadoop, Spark, Hbase, Mongo DB, Cassandra, Redis, …), knowing how to argue the pros and cons of the applicability of each, based on the functionality they provide;
- Comfortable dealing with large volumes of data;
- Broad interest in data related technologies, including the modern cloud services like AWS EMR, Lambda, Glue, Google BigTable, Azure …;
- Good understanding of machine learning and artificial intelligence (ML/AI) concepts;
- Fluent English.
- Challenging position at market leader, working on top products;
- Personal development and opportunities to visit conferences world-wide;
- Great salary package
- Group & health insurance
- Company car & fuel card
- Net allowance
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.