Our customer in Vilvoorde, Belgium is recruiting a (Senior) Big Data Engineer / Architect. We are looking for a candidate who is passionate about Big Data technologies and wants to become the Subject Matter Expert of the organization. This is an internal role. Candidates need to be fluent in English.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Formulate and suggest new ideas and features to the team;
- Collaborate on technical solutions with fellow team members;
- Implement new functionalities and review code changes;
- Acquiring understanding of the various stakeholders and assessing the architectural integrity and the risks to design end-to-end technology solutions;
- Shaping and driving the execution of future state architectures and roadmaps;
- Coaching, knowledge development and research around BigData technologies;
- Bachelor or Master degree;
- +5/+10 years of Java development experience;
- At least +3 years of experience as Big Data Engineer or Big Data Architect;
- BigData solutions knowledge based on different technologies on the market (Hadoop, Spark, Hbase, Mongo DB, Cassandra, Redis, …), knowing how to argue the pros and cons of the applicability of each, based on the functionality they provide.
- Comfortable dealing with large volumes of data;
- Broad interest in data related technologies, including the modern cloud services like AWS EMR, Lambda, Glue, Google BigTable, Azure …;
- Good understanding of machine learning and artificial intelligence (ML/AI) concepts;
- Fluent English.
Please send your resume to email@example.com