For our customer in Marbella, we are urgently looking for an experienced MySQL / Cassandra DBA
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Setup and administrate a Percona XtraDB (MySQL) Cluster
- Setup and administrate a Cassandra cluster
- Take ownership of backups and expansion
- Help and advice the development team with database design, layout and optimization
- Write shell scripts, cron tabs, PHP CLI scripts etc.
- 3+ years experience working with Mysql Clusters and Cassandra
- Solid understanding of database concepts such as: Relational database schema design, SQL, SQL tuning; CQL, advanced queuing and partition, among others.
- Strong Linux / Unix knowledge: you dream cp, mv, rm, cat, tail, grep and awk – and love to do your work on a Linux Desktop
- You can shell script (ksh, bourne, bash, csh, PHP, etc).
- Fluent in English, both in writing and verbally.
Nice if you have:
- Experience with RabbitMQ / Couchbase
- Experience with HAProxy, Ubuntu
Please send your resume to email@example.com