For an international institution, we are looking for a Senior Linux Engineer with experience in Monitoring solutions based on Splunk, Nagios or similar tools. The Linux Engineer needs to have experience with complex high available infrastructures.
Candidates need to be fluent in English. EU candidates from abroad are welcome to apply. Relocation is required (once the corona measures are finished and move is possible). This role is open for employees.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Accountable for day to day maintenance of complex high available server infrastructure;
- Assist in the creation and management of network and system monitoring tools;
- Handle change management requests / code deployments;
- Develop strategies to maintain and enhance platform availability and security posture;
- Research and evaluate new technologies;
- Bachelor or Master degree or comparable through experience;
- Minimum +3 years of Linux Engineer experience;
- Experience in Nagios administration and implementation (Nagios XI, Core or other variants)
- Experience with Splunk administration and implementation.
- Scripting knowledge (Bash, Perl, Python, PowerShell, etc.).
- Experience in Linux / Unix administration and implementation (CentOS, Red Had, Suse, HP-UX, etc)
- Networking protocols understanding (routing, DNS, firewalls, etc)
- Experience in System and Infrastructure Services.
- Knowledge in project management methodology (PMP, Prince2, etc)
Experience in High Availability concepts (clustering, disaster recovery, etc.)
- Experience with webservers (Apache, JBoss, Nginx, Tomcat, Microsoft IIS, etc)
- Database knowledge (MySQL, Oracle, SQL Server)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Technologies (Windows Server, Exchange, AD)
- Knowledge with automation tools (Puppet, Chef, Jenkins, Bamboo, etc)
- Fluent in English;
Please send your resume to email@example.com.