For an international institution, we are looking for a Back-Up and Data Protection Engineer for the region of Strasbourg, France to design, deploy and maintain (in collaboration with the infrastructure engineering team) a back-up service for both physical/virtual system platforms. Knowledge of these services should also be associated to backup policy and disaster recovery solution planning as well as a solid SAN Storage background.
Candidates need to be fluent in English. EU candidates from abroad are welcome to apply. Relocation is required (once the corona measures are finished and move is possible). Availability to travel for short periods of time is desired and fluent English is a must.
This role is open for employees.
- Bachelor or Master degree or comparable through experience;
- Minimum +3 years of Back-Up Engineer experience;
- Deep understanding of back-up policy strategies and disaster recovery solutions for physical virtual environments.
- Standard backup system implementation for both Unix and Windows based environments.
- General knowledge of several industry backup solution products such as: Veeam backup and Replication, Veritas NetBackup, Commvault…
- Knowledge and proven exposure to industry SAN storage standards and Cloud based storage solutions.
Other desired skills:
- Experience with the full cycle of Backup implementation and Maintenance projects.
- Virtualization technologies based on VMware.
- Project Management understanding (PMP, Prince2).
- ITIL knowledge.
- Team working ability, communication and reporting skills.
Please send your resume to email@example.com.