We are urgently looking for a Systems Engineer (Application Hosting) in Geneva. Candidates need to be fluent in English. Candidates from abroad are welcome to apply.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Migrate Linux based web applications to a newer PHP framework version in liaison with internal and external developers as required.
- Support and maintain Linux based web applications and necessary components linked to it.
- Develop, document, maintain and enhance standard operating procedures linked to application supported together with strong collaboration with support teams in Kuala Lumpur and external providers for their implementation.
- Develop and maintain scripts to automate systems deployment, operations and management.
- Implement, maintain and support the file and print services in support of user productivity.
- Coordinate with data center team to develop and implement infrastructure necessary for service delivery and recovery.
- Provide third-level support for user requests, incident and problem management.
- Bachelor or Master degree
- Thorough and in-depth knowledge of LAMP stack applications and their components to provide support for hosted applications including Apache web servers, PHP and Mysql databases.
- Good knowledge of Drupal architecture using caching mechanism like Varnish, APC and memcached
- Good knowledge of Linux RedHat and CentOS Operating system.
- Good understanding of PHP code.
- Good understanding of systems used in delivery of hosted applications like Reverse proxy (linux/apache) and load balancing mechanisms
- Fluent in English.
Please forward your motivation and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.