Our customer in Vilvoorde is urgently looking for a passionate Junior/Medior Java Engineer who wants to continuously improve their software products.
This is not an external consultant role. This position is open for European candidates who are fluent in English.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Formulate and suggest new ideas and features to the team to further improve our products;
- Discuss technical solutions with your colleagues and the architecture team where necessary;
- Track progress while keeping a fully working product at all times;
- Implement new functionalities with a passion for quality;
- Review the code changes from your peers before they go into the main line in Git;
- Interact closely with the QA engineers to make sure you write the necessary tests and they can give you feedback early in the process;
- Report on your progress by updating the status of the Jira issues;
- Demo fully finished parts to your team, and demo your work to the entire development and product teams;
- Bachelor or Master degree
- +2 years Java developer experience
- Knowledge of relational databases (preferably PostgreSQL). All additional database technologies (graph databases, big data stacks, …) are a great advantage!
- Experience in build- and test-tools like Jenkins, Maven/Gradle, Ant, Junit, Mockito
- Experience with Hibernate, Spring, IntelliJ IDEA IDE. OSGi and database model optimization are a huge plus!
- Passion for quality, good design and clean code.
- Fluent in English
- Flexible hours
- Challenging position at market leader, working on top products;
- Personal development and opportunities to visit conferences world-wide;
- Great salary package
- Group & health insurance
- Company car & fuel card
- Net allowance
Please send your resume to email@example.com.