Our customer in Vilvoorde is urgently looking for a Java Backend Engineer with OSGi knowledge/experience, who wants to continuously improve their software products.
This is not an external consultant role. This position is open for European candidates who are fluent in English.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Formulate and suggest new ideas and features to the team to further improve our products;
- Discuss technical solutions with your colleagues and the architecture team where necessary;
- Track progress while keeping a fully working product at all times;
- Implement new functionalities with a passion for quality;
- Review the code changes from your peers before they go into the main line in Git;
- Interact closely with the QA engineers to make sure you write the necessary tests and they can give you feedback early in the process;
- Report on your progress by updating the status of the Jira issues;
- Demo fully finished parts to your team, and demo your work to the entire development and product teams;
- Bachelor or Master degree
- Java developer experience
- Knowledge of relational databases (preferably PostgreSQL). All additional database technologies (graph databases, big data stacks, …) are a great advantage!
- You’re a master in build- and test-tools like Jenkins, Maven/Gradle, Ant, Junit, Mockito
- Experience with Hibernate, Spring, IntelliJ IDEA IDE. OSGi and database model optimization are a huge plus!
- Passion for quality, good design and clean code.
- Fluent in English
- Challenging position at market leader, working on top products;
- Personal development and opportunities to visit conferences world-wide;
- Great salary package
- Group & health insurance
- Company car & fuel card
- Net allowance
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.