For an International Institution in Geneva, we are urgently looking for an experienced Java Application Support. Candidates need to be fluent in English.
This positions is long-term. Work permit not required.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Establish, support, and execute repeatable processes to ensure, automate, and/or optimize the schedule and maintain system security and integrity;
- Carry out operational tasks on the PCT business applications portfolio ensuring system availability and optimum performance;
- Perform software development, maintenance, and debugging of applications;
- Perform unit, system and integration testing and assist users with user acceptance testing;
- Establish, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot complex information systems processes and critical events that contribute to business operations; perform recovery exercises including coordination with stakeholders;
- Establish, support, and execute repeatable processes to ensure, automate, and/or optimize the Operations schedule and maintain system security and integrity;
- Troubleshoot and provide technical support to users to diagnose and resolve problems; escalate complex issues requiring further investigation/intervention; provide guidance on the use of new techniques, monitor transactions to measure performance and continued improvement of systems;
- +5 years of hands-on experience in managing and supporting production environments, in particular environments running JAVA applications;
- 3rd level technical support;
- In particular with building and maintaining highly available systems, monitoring and alerting and CI/CD pipelines;
- Experience with Linux environments, configuration management, bash scripting or any other scripting language;
- CI/CD pipelines with accent on deploying updates and fixes;
- Fluent in English;
Please send your resume and motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org.