We are looking for a IT Application Support Specialist with Solaris and/or Linux for our customer in Veldhoven. As an IT Application Support Specialist, you will be managing and maintaining the software test and debug environment of the software development environment, in co-operation with the Infrastructure team, the internal customer and Test architect.
Tasks and responsibility:
- Deliver support Software Test and Debug Environment based on Solaris and Linux(2nd line support and maintenance)
- Take ownership of the test environment as provided to the internal customer. The test environment supports more than 1000 software developers.
- Define improvement proposals that focus on system performance and process efficiency for end-users.
- Participate as technical expert in running projects.
- Investigate and implement non-standard changes with a limited scope.
- Give support in solving difficult 3rd line incidents related to the test environment.
- Strong partner in discussions with test architect.
- Keep abreast with relevant literature, means and methods.
Bachelor or Master degree
Relevant experience and proven experience in large technical complicated development environments
Knowledge of Scripting languages (Perl and Python)
Knowledge of ClearCase, Clearquest is a pre
Knowledge of Storage Solutions
Knowledge of Databases: Oracle, SQL
Thorough understanding and practical experience with:
- Software Test environments
- Software Development process
- Solaris and/or Linux Infrastructure
- Virtualizations techniques (Linux Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization or Solaris LDOM’s)
Please send your resume and motivation to email@example.com.