We are urgently looking for a Freelance Test Engineer in Brussels, Belgium. Initial contract is 3 months with possible extension. As Test Engineering Expert, You are responsible for the E2E scope and test coverage of the features, both for functional and non-functional tests (regression, usability, performance, security). Candidates need to be fluent in English.
EU candidates are welcome to apply. Candidates need to be willing to relocate. Work permit is required.
As a job abroad is a big step and we know it, what can you expect of us?
ALL EUROPEAN CAREERS will support and advise you during the whole procedure (assistance with finding an apartment, where to register, opening a bank account, how to request child allowance, etc.) and provide a relocation package.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- You define the overall test strategy for the tribe, which applies to all squads, based on the quality criteria and on the risk management as described in the general test strategy;
- You are ultimately responsible for the E2E scope and test coverage of the features, both for functional and non-functional tests (regression, usability, performance, security);
- You work closely and professionally with the other tribe members, chapter leads and the various Dev and OPS engineers in the squads;
- Defines the methodology, tools, processes, for the execution of the tests taking into account the quality criteria, the strategy and the risk policy as foreseen to guarantee a unity and uniformity of working method;
- Supports the different squads within the tribe in implementing the test strategy;
- As ultimate responsible for E2E testing, full coverage, and its quality, works closely with the different squads to build, maintain and perform the E2E test set as optimally as possible (both manual and automatic tests);
- Ensures the reuse of validated test deliverables and actively searches synergies between them where possible to increase quality and efficiency;
- As the person responsible for the regression, he/she works closely with the product owners to always keep the global regression / E2E test set up to date, based on the most recent changes;
- As E2E responsible he/she ensures the follow-up both within the squad and E2E for non-functional tests (performance, security). Regularly reviews the defects to identify structural and regularly recurring defects and to find a structural solution;
- Regularly reports on the progress of the test (status, coverage, defects…) based on figures to the various stakeholders via specific reports or “meteo” canvas;
- Analyzes the risk, possible delays in delivery or execution of the E2E tests and their impact, taking into account all constraints (unavailability of systems, missing test data, applications, versions …) in close cooperation with the release engineer and the product owner (tribe level) to take the necessary actions;
- Is the unique point of contact for all questions regarding testing and testing strategy for both their own tribe members and other tribes, … And this thanks to his own knowledge, to the support and knowledge of the chapter leads, and to the guilds;
- Bachelor or Master or equivalent by experience;
- Knowledge of test techniques, test types, different test levels, the principles of functional and non-functional testing as well as structured & risk based testing;
- ISTQB certificate is an added value;
- Knowledge of software development methods and life cycle management;
- Knowledge of functional architecture, application architecture and infrastructure architecture;
- Knowledge of test and automation tools such as QC, Gherkin, Cucumber, SOAP, Service Virtualisation;
- Knowledge of performance testing and different ways to measure it;
- Fluent in English;
Contract length: approx. 3 months with possible extension;
Location: Brussels, Belgium;
If you are interested in this opportunity, please forward your CV to email@example.com
All European Careers is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex , sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work). The candidate will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. All European Careers encourages applicants of all ages.