Our customer in Brussels is recruiting a Data Lake Engineer to expand her Big Data team. Candidates need to be fluent in English. This position is open for European candidates coming from abroad.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Requirements elicitation from business users and IT to design end-to-end technology solutions (data extraction, processing, storage and display)
- Knowledge development and research around BigData technologies.
- Design of technical solutions in the Hadoop ecosystem.
- Commissioning, initial configuration, Big Data technology architectures
- Lead the implementation of BigData technological solutions
- Technical management of Big Data implementations: Effort estimation, planning, solutions validation.
- Support to Big Data Architect to improve the solution quality and performance.
- Bachelor or Master degree
- 5+ years of experience in BI/Big Data Solutions
- 3+ years of experience as Big Data Development
- BigData solutions knowledge based on different technologies on the market (Hadoop, Spark, Hbase, Mongo DB, Cassandra, Redis, …), knowing how to argue the pros and cons of the applicability of each, based on the functionality they provide.
- Lambda & Kappa architectural knowledge ( Flume,Kafka,Spark Streaming, Storm)
- Knowledge with any of the major distributions of Hadoop: Cloudera, Hortonworks, Oracle BDA,etc…
- Fluent English
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.