We are urgently looking for a Business Analyst with UML and BPMN experience in Brussels. This position is also open for freelancers.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Focus on understanding the needs of the business as a whole by identifying initiatives that will allow the business to meet its strategic goals. This includes conducting feasibility studies, identifying new business opportunities, preparing business cases and conducting initial risk assessments.
- Use different techniques for collecting requirements from stakeholders in a project such as brainstorming, document analysis, focus groups, interviews, workshops and surveys. Determine which requirements have the highest priority for implementation.
- Provide a bridge role between IT and the business, communicating and translating between different perspectives or views about business operations using different vocabulary to match those views.
- Develop and specify requirements in enough detail (by using use cases, user stories, screen mock-ups or other techniques) to allow them to be successfully implemented by a project team.
- Model and enhance business process or UML diagrams and other related models to capture business operations change requirements within defined opportunities or projects, modeling both current and future states. Rework business processes based on the feedback from pilot implementation of workflows.
- Include the relevant IT, document management, security, data protection policies, regulations and procedures when deriving the optimized business processes.
- Support the project manager in implementing the PM² and RUP methodology in an agile way. Assist the Project manager in setting the priorities for system implementation and in updating the Project Plan.
- +2 years of hands on experience with business process modelling using BPMN.
- +2 years of hands on experience with UML or a similar modelling language.
- Methodologies: SCRUM, RUP: Very good
- Very good Data modelling, entity-relationship model knowledge
- Analysis of requirements and design of IT systems experience
- IT needs analysis experience
- Fluent in English
- Experience with Aris is an asset, but not necessary
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.