Our customer in Brussels is recruiting a Big Data Engineer to expand her Big Data team. We are looking for Junior, Medior and Senior candidates. Candidates need to be fluent in English. This position is open for European candidates coming from abroad.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Requirements elicitation from business users and IT to design end-to-end technology solutions (data extraction, processing, storage and display).
- Knowledge development and research around BigData technologies.
- Design of technical solutions in the Hadoop ecosystem.
- Commissioning, initial configuration, Big Data technology architectures.
- Bachelor or Master degree
- 2+ years of experience using Scala, Spark, Python or/and Hive
- Familiar with technologies like GITLab, SBT, Maven, Jenkins and Nolio
- 2+ years of experience in setting up and managing Linux (RHEL 6 and 7)
- 1+ years of experience administering and optimization of RDBMS (Oracle/Teradata/MySQL…)
- Knowledge with any of the major distributions of Hadoop: Cloudera, Hortonworks, Oracle BDA,etc..
- Fluent English
Please send your resume to email@example.com.