For an international organization in Geneva (Switzerland), we are urgently looking for a AWS Cloud Application Support Engineer with (Cloud) Support Engineer experience and AWS Solution Architect Professional certification.
This position is long-term. Candidates need to live and work in Europe to make occassional meetings on-site possible. This position is open for freelancers and employees.
This role can be remote or onsite in Geneva.
During the corona crisis, interviews will be done through WEBEX, and travel is not required for the interviews.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- A proven background in working and supporting both operational and project based work, having several years of experience supporting cloud application infrastructure platforms
- You should have a strong cloud application architecture and support professional background, process driven approach in cloud operations and application migration to cloud
- An ability to work with application technical owners and development teams for the production application support and troubleshooting
- Operational support of UN AWS hosted production application environments, monitoring and troubleshooting;
- Provide second level support, restarting application instances, implementing application support procedure, troubleshooting application issues
- Actively participate in application migrations to Cloud infrastructure, support of cloud hosted applications and services
- Evaluate and recommend new technologies based on detailed business requirements provided by business teams
- Work with the operations teams to implement system changes
- Bachelor or Master degree;
- +5 years of hands-on experience in the support and operations of Cloud hosted production application environments, proactive monitoring and troubleshooting of online application issues;
- AWS certified Solution Architect Professional;
- Experience in designing cloud-native applications leveraging PaaS and/or serverless FaaS;
- Experience in Cloud application deployment processes, Cloud CI/CD skills;
- Proven Cloud architecting experience, including re-architecting applications for cloud migration;
- Experience with at least one cloud orchestration tool such as AWS CloudFormation or Terraform;
Experience in Application migration to Cloud;
- Knowledge of cloud application architecture and automation via CloudFormation, Terraform, or Ansible;
- Good experience with Java/Web application servers configuration and tuning;
- Working with open source database systems;
Expert in Linux server administration;
Support and Operations of AWS hosted application environments;
Good experience in change management processes;
A challenging role for an international organization;
Attractive salary package or freelance rate;
Please send your resume and motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org